Tuesday 2 October 2007

Life is so precious...

So often I look at David and Gabriel and I think to myself, 'is this real? I am married and I have a child!!' God says in the bible that children are blessings and I truly believe they are. I stay at home with Gabriel and watch him grow everyday, but still sometimes I think he grows so fast and I wish there's a "pause" button I can press and put every single detail of the changes in his life into my memory, but it's impossible. I love watching him learning new words, trying new things and acting silly. He is such a happy boy and he loves making us laugh. A couple of days ago he came to me pointing at my food and said, "Ahh..." with his mouth wide open, so I fed him a little bit of my rice with spicy Panang that I made thinking 'you'll regret this, little boy.' Dave and I watched him chew and swallowed it, he looked perfectly fine and he asked for more! I was surprised. Lots of friends are amazed at how quick he picks up words and stuff. I can't help but being proud and thankful. I think he knows that he's clever, but I pray that he'll learn to be humble and use this blessing to glorify God and not to manipulate other people. When we were at church last Sunday I noticed that Gabriel shares his toys with his friends. When other kids came to him and snatched they toys off him, he just let them and turned to play with other toys. I was very happy to see that. He's also learning to be a bit naughty though. Sometimes I ask him, "how many times does Mommy need to say NO til you understand?" Then I think, God must have said the same thing to us. We are just as bad and as rebellious. That's probably why God asks us to learn from these little ones!




No comments: